On August 27, 2015, FHLBI announced Jennifer Gilbert, Vice President of Corporate Lending at Old National Bank (ONB), Evansville, IN, as the recipient of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis (FHLBI) 2015 Community Spirit Award. Each year, FHLBI and its Affordable Housing Advisory Council present the annual Community Spirit Award to honor an individual from one of the FHLBI’s member financial institutions who has shown an outstanding dedication to affordable housing and community economic development. Judging is based on a nominee’s dedication to community, spirit, and action.
“FHLBI applauds Jennifer for using the tools we at FHLBI provide to advance affordable housing initiatives in Indiana communities,” said President and Chief Executive Officer Cindy Konich. “It is a well-deserved recognition of her commitment to helping ensure that Hoosiers have access to quality affordable housing.” During the last nine years with ONB, Gilbert has worked diligently with industry experts, bank regulators and FHLBI to expand ONB’s involvement in the affordable housing market.
During her tenure, she has been instrumental in the development and financing of 16 affordable housing projects throughout rural Indiana, securing $7.1 million of FHLBI Affordable Housing Program (AHP) grants to support the projects, including:
- a $750,000 AHP grant in 2011 to rebuild a portion of the courthouse square in Paoli after a fire destroyed several historic buildings. The development, Phoenix on the Square, combines retail and office space on the ground floor with 12 apartments on the upper floors;
- construction of Crawford Apartments in Bloomington, featuring 25 apartments for the chronically homeless;
- redevelopment of the former Stalker School in Bedford into 18 affordable apartments for low- income families; and
- development of Prince Street Cottages in Princeton, offering 36 apartments for area seniors
- In addition to her work with ONB, Gilbert also serves on the boards of the Deaconess Foundation, the Student Financial Aid Association of Evansville, and is an instructor with Junior Achievement
About Old National Bank
Old National Bancorp (NASDAQ:ONB) is the largest financial services holding company headquartered in Indiana and, with $12.0 billion in assets, ranks among the top 100 banking companies in the U.S. Since its founding in Evansville in 1834, Old National has focused on community banking by building long-term, highly valued partnerships with clients. Today, Old National's footprint includes Indiana, Western Kentucky and Louisville, Southern Illinois and Central and Western Michigan. In addition to providing extensive services in retail and commercial banking, wealth management, investments and brokerage, Old National also owns Old National Insurance, one of the 100 largest brokers in the U.S. For more information and financial data, please visit Investor Relations at oldnational.com.
Building Partnerships. Serving Communities.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis (FHLBI) is one of 11 regional banks that make up the Federal Home Loan Bank System. FHLBanks are government-sponsored enterprises created by Congress to ensure access to low-cost funding for their member financial institutions. FHLBanks are privately capitalized and funded, and receive no Congressional appropriations. The FHLBI is owned by its Indiana and Michigan financial institution members, which include commercial banks, credit unions, insurance companies, and savings banks. For more information about the FHLBI, visit www.fhlbi.com.