BUILD RELATIONSHIPS. LEARN BEST PRACTICES. DEVELOP STRATEGIES.
The FHLBank Indianapolis Community Mentors program is a community engagement and economic development leadership event hosted in partnership with FHLBank Indianapolis to help you make connections, stimulate thinking, and challenge conventional wisdom about community building.
Each year, two qualified applicants (one in Indiana and one in Michigan) are selected through a competitive application process to be the lead partner and host a day-long Community Mentors Workshop. FHLBank Indianapolis will connect your community with experts in economic and community development as mentors to share best practices in developing or implementing a community development plan. A grant will be awarded to each community to help with a catalyst project of local importance following the workshop.
WHAT IS COMMUNITY MENTORS?
The Community Mentors Program includes:
- Community Mentors Workshop – a full-day workshop that pairs community development experts with stakeholders in your community followed by a roundtable discussion.
- Community Mentors Implementation Grant – a $10,000 grant that can go towards the cost of creating a community plan, commissioning a study, or a specific initiative identified at the summit.
- Build relationships with other community partners
- Strengthen regional strategies around economic development
- Cultivate community leaders
- Learn from the success of other communities
Community Mentors Webinar
This recorded webinar focuses on everything you need to know to prepare and submit a competitive Community Mentors application to host an event in 2021. The webinar training includes an overview of this new program, application requirements, award details, deadlines, and a question and answer session.