The Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our Project Management Office. The Project Manager is responsible for project management practices supporting business and IT strategies and tactical execution. Provides business and IT leadership with analysis of in-flight and proposed projects using best practice metrics and measures enabling timely and effective decision making. Ensures continuous alignment with the portfolio road map, schedule, quality, and proposed benefits. Ensures risks and dependencies are identified, communicated and appropriately managed within the defined project to ensure investments achieve objectives.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or abilities required of persons so classified. The bank reserves the right to alter or amend this description at any time.
- Continually assess the strategic value of projects within the portfolio
- Create and execute plans supporting the portfolio road map.
- Manage risks and response plans for mitigation and contingency planning.
- Become a trusted advisor to stakeholders by effectively communicating status in an appropriate form, proposing well thought out actions to address issues and risks (within the portfolio and across portfolios), and balancing cost/risk of change against benefits.
- Provide visibility of project progress against budget, resource plans, and schedule through reporting suitable for executive management audiences to make informed decisions and actions.
- Ensure effective communication of key project information within the project team and at all levels of the organization as needed
- Identify, track and communicate project risks and interdependencies to stakeholders.
- Evaluates performance of teams and projects to ensure alignment with technology objectives and strategic goals
- Adhere to bank’s established Project Life Cycle processes for portfolio, program and project management.
- Support the annual planning process to support business and portfolio management business cases and budget creation.
- Facilitate and support Regulatory compliance and audit activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MS preferred.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP), and/or PMI-ACP Certification required for external candidates, preferred for internal candidates.
- A general understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies including Kanban is preferred.
- Strong background and skills in establishing and implementing governance principles and practices.
- Ability to learn and adapt knowledge to domain specific business processes, products and services.
- Practical skills in creating and managing strategic plans within a complex IT organization.
- Demonstrable project management capabilities utilizing various implementation methodologies. (Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM).
- Experience with Rally or Jira Agile software a plus
- Hands-on experience with resource management, cost management, and risk management.
- Experience with process improvement and process engineering preferred.
- Experience leading projects and programs within and outside IT, as well as projects and programs that involved external providers is preferred.
- Experience working in a PMO in medium to large organizations, with multi-functional teams.
- Ability to move between strategic and tactical issues quickly.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT or IS project management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to work effectively with all organization levels and build positive relationships.
- Must not have been convicted on any civil or criminal charge that would suggest a risk to bank security.
- Ability to work in a heavily regulated environment.
- Ability to work full time.
- Ability to uphold and model the bank’s guiding principles.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.