The Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our Financial Controls team. This individual will be primarily responsible for the accounting of financial instruments as assigned. This could include investments, discount notes, regular debt, derivative debt, mortgage loans, mortgage-backed securities, advances, capital stock, cash accounts, member deposits, AHP programs and/or derivatives.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or abilities required of persons so classified. The bank reserves the right to alter or amend this description at any time.
- Perform accounting activities including, but not limited to, transaction verification, reconciliation, and journal entry preparation.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly data for reporting to the Office of Finance and Federal Housing Finance Agency. Also responsible for the completion of schedules required to support the bank’s SEC and board reporting process.
- Adhere to daily/monthly close schedule and internal / external reporting deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with GAAP, FHFA directives, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and the bank’s accounting policies. Includes complete, accurate and timely performance of assigned controls.
- Assist in resolving inquiries from the external auditors, internal auditors and FHFA examiners, including preparation of schedules.
- Maintain accurate and complete procedures for assigned duties.
- Serve as a liaison between Systems Development staff, external software vendors and the Financial Control division to facilitate the resolution of system issues. Implement system upgrades and modify reports to accommodate versions of new software releases.
- Participate in the determination, implementation and automation of proper accounting procedures and internal controls for emerging or evolving financial products.
- Proactively work with management and peers to achieve department and Bank strategic initiatives.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Provide backup support for various functions, as assigned.
- B.S. in Accounting with 3 to 7 years’ experience with financial instruments accounting or other commensurate experience that demonstrates a thorough knowledge in accounting principles and internal control concepts. CPA preferred.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve accounting problems through automated or manual procedures.
- Strong computer skills and experience using the Microsoft Suite of products.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team under pressure while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to set priorities and organize daily workflow. Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work full time. Adheres to workplace rules and normal working hours. Some overtime may be required.
- Must not have been convicted on any civil or criminal charge that would suggest a risk to bank security.
- Ability to uphold the bank’s guiding principles
FHLBank Indianapolis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.