REBUILDING COMMUNITIES AFTER DISASTER STRIKES
Through the Disaster Relief Program (DRP), FHLBank Indianapolis members can assist homeowners in need affected by natural disasters within Indiana and Michigan by providing funds for qualified repairs. DRP grants are only available after a declared disaster.
HOw do members use DRP?
All Homeownership Initiatives are available to FHLBank Indianapolis members who have completed the appropriate training found on our training and resources page. After completing training, you must submit a completed Retention Agreement form found below. Upon completion, you will receive information about how to apply for disbursements.
Once a member is approved, they can do the following:
- FHLBank Indianapolis members can request pre-determined limits based on demonstrated need for homes damaged by a state- or federally-declared disaster or emergency.
- Members may choose to work with their customers directly and/or through one or more community housing organizations.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR DRP?
In order to use DRP funding, you must:
- Reside in a county or municipality with a declared state or federal disaster/emergency status.
- Have a total household income less than or equal to 80 percent of the area median income as published by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Use the funds for qualified repairs or purchase.